The course provides biological and clinical information about different techniques of fertility preservation in male and female cancer patients. It focuses on practical issues and provides the participants with information to counsel patients before chemo- and radiotherapy in different cancer diseases.
Main topics: Oocyte and semen cryopreservation, Cancer and fertility preservation, Whole gonads cryopreservation, Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation.
During this course the participants will learn:
- Impact of cancer treatments on gonads
- How to approach fertility preservation in adults and children
- Cryopreservation techniques
- Other most recent laboratory procedures used in fertility preservation
- Advantages and disadvantages of fertility preservation strategies using sperm, oocytes, tissues and whole organs.
Andrea Borini will speak the second day on “First and second line fertility preservation treatments”